Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Transition to au natural - 23 weeks post update

So Ive decided to update my transitional journey to natural seeing how important it is to me, and its all I think about it lol.
So Im 5 months and 3 weeks post relaxer (technically official date will be tomorrow but whats one day?) Lately ive been on this search for finding a good product that will give me the slip and softness I need. And Im not down with spending a lot of dough on all of these  products -- so I felt caught in the hardest spot ever. It has come to a point where my regular cheapie co wash conditioners just wasn't cutting it. When it was time to detangle I hated it simply because it hurt and I felt like I was doing more harm than good to my hair. So after doing a lot of research I wanted to the smooth & silky conditioner by tresemme and ohmigeee! I love this, this product was exactly what I needed in my life at this time lol. Surprising my mom had the large bottle of the product and she really wanst using it so she gave it to me and instantly the two of us became friends lol. I also updated my deep conditioner since I just recently ran out of my silicon mix bambu treatment. I decided to try the elasta qp soy oyl deep conditioner treatment just off a whim and very happy I did. "This - right - here - is - my - swagg!" like seriously I love this stuff and it made finger combing so easy. and no shed hairs in my  hand, amazing stuff. I will be doing a product vlog review on this to show just how much I love this product.
But as far as styling Ive been keeping it very simple -- and by it being so hot where I live simple is the best way to go. But I love rocking my buns, and textured ponies, and messy braid outs. But over all I let my hair do what it gotta do pretty much. I personally don't find it necessary to fuss over my hair when I know its not needed, Im just enjoying the ups and downs of this transition and learning from it week by week.


Xoxo -Nicki Lajoy

No comments:

Post a Comment