Thursday, July 28, 2011

Be Your own Motivation!!!

When I started my hair journey I was lost and very confused. And I hated it because I wanted a change but I didn't know where to start. Looking at tons of other successful women who progressed thru their hj's I felt motivated to do the same. But of course nothing is never easy. So transitioning for the second time around I  really wanted to inform myself on everything to products, to combs, to detangling. I would say this time around it feels stress free just because I took the time out to educate my self on something I wanted. Im a week away from being 6 months into my transition and honestly couldn't be any happier. I use everything I learn and have gone thru as my own motivation. I push myself , the hair on my head is the best form of motivation I can give myself. Having my natural hair means a lot to me and for this fact I will not listen to anyone else but myself regarding my own hair care journey. This is MY HAIR so therefore I can do what I please, not going to allow any negative people steer me in the wrong directions. And by right anyone who is on a hj shouldn't allow someone elses opinion change how they feel about their hair and what they are doing. I feel if you are happy with what your doing and you are getting great results does it matter if anyone else doesn't approve of them?? I don't think so. So do what makes you happy and keep your self motivated. This will bring all the progress and success in your hj.

xoxo - Nicki

1 comment:

  1. You are so right on with this! Hair journeys are an individual thing when all is said and done and your own progress can be the motivation to keep going....

    ReplyDelete