Monday, August 15, 2011

My weekly regimen


I wanted to post my new regimen and show what I have been doing to my hair lately. Still I dont do much because I dont want to fight with my two textures and the less I do every week the better. This has been working for me for a while now and I love it. 

(BIG THANKS to Kiki and Amy for the comments on my last post :-)
                                    






                                         MY WEEKLY REGIMEN: 
  • deep condition on slightly damp/dry hair (oil treatment of the oils of my choice - cowash days OR elasta qp soy oyl treatment - wash days) leave on for a hr
  • wash hair once a week with peppermint castile soap/cowash once a week 
  • after shampoo cowash with cheapie conditioner 
  • only if needed do a 5-15 min protein treatment with aphogee 2 min treatment
  • air dry under towel for 5-10mins then apply leave ins (aphogee green tea spray, moisturizer, seal & oil scalp with castor oil/grapeseed oil mix OR bee mine serum, 
  • detangle hair in 6 sections with a pik comb and allow hair to air dry a little before i style it for my protective style.
  • every other day apply moisturizer  and little castor oil mix to moisturize & seal until my next wash/cowash day.
  • protective styles are : buns, bantu knots, half up/half down, wigs, & drawstrings (the less i do the better. )



                                 Things to follow during long transition 2011:
*detangle once a week on wash days with product using pik comb
*finger comb on co wash days or "refresher" days with product
*refresh hair inbetween cowashes when ever need be using spray bottle mix (water, oils, and cheapie conditioner) 
*denman is used for quick smoothing only
*scalp is oiled on all wash,cowash, & refresher days
*finger comb while in the shower (a must)
*air dry...or if plan to blow dry air dry for 20-30mins then proceed to blow out hair
*use tshirt to get most of the water from hair. 




No comments:

Post a Comment